Quick Intro to working with Images:
Designerator is the fasted way to organize thousands of images.
Add you Media using the Explorer View or the Toolbar:
- Activate the Explorer View.
- Browse to you image folders.
- Open the context menu.
- Choose 'Add Folder to Workspace Images' - and the import begins at once.
- Or use 'Add Folder to Workspace' from the Menu or Toobar Menu to open the Dialog
There are two basic options:
- Add a Folder to Workspace - Images are added to the Database and the Folder is watched
- Import Folder - Images are copied to the workspace in a custom size so that you can still view them when the Folder is offline(USB or CD)
- Supported formats are: jpg, gif, tiff, png, psd, bmp, ico.
By default images are put into the "Image" project folder, which was created for you. But you can create as many project folders as you like and then choose the appropriate project folder from the "Add folder to workspace Dialog". Jpg images are imported very fast (1000 a minute), but PSD images can take a while (around 1 second per image).
Choose 'high quality' in the add Folder Dialog, if you want to create the large thumbail sizes right away. The import will take mcuh longer though. The advantage is that later you do not ahve to wait for the creation of the large size if you choose to zoom into the thumbnails, or want to you large sizes all the time. Regular size is 160px, large 360px, which is also the maximum thumbnail size.
- Explorer View - for the File System
- Media View - for all watched Folders of the Workspace.
- Album View - for all custom Albums and Date Albums
- Album Filter View - to search and filter all Albums with AND - OR operations
- Speed Browsing
- Scroll through thousands of Folders, Albums and Images at once (try to click the mouse wheel and move)
- Use the toolbar menu or CTRL + and CTRL - to zoom in and out of the thumbnails
- Open as many Views as you like
- Drag the Views out of the window to another screen
- Use Fast Preview with Mouse + Shift
- Use Fast Properties with Mouse + Shift + Alt
- DoubleClick to open thumb in fullscreen immediately
Tips&Tricks for the Image View:
- All Image Edit Operations are Lossless. Changes are saved to a "XML" File and can be completely undone.
All edits can be viewed in the Properties View.
- Use the Keyboard to change Image Edit settings on the fly.
- Press Strg+A for quick and non destructive auto enhance of the image.
- Press 't' to open the floating properties window
- Press 'c' to activate the Crop Tool
- Drag and press 'Enter' to crop
- To undo the lossless crop, activate the Crop Tool and press 'Esc', or hit Enter to keep the settings.
- Choose a value from the Ratio Options to make the cropping 'look professional'
- Press 'l' to open the Magnifier Tool (ESC to cancel).
- Press the Spacebar to activate the hand tool to move the image (ESC to cancel).
- Doubleclick into the window to go into or to exit Fullscreen mode. Alternatively press F11 or ESC. Use the context menu to set the Thumbnails to the top,left,right or bottom of the screen.
- Use the Mousewheel to load the next or previous Image.
- Press keyboard Strg+1 to go to 100% view or press Strg+0 to auto fit the image.
- Press 'p' to toggle between original and preview image, if the image is edited
- Press 'z' to open the Zoom Tool: Click (and drag) to zoom in, ALT+Click to zoom out.
- Press 'h' to toggle the Histogram.
Properties show you:
- File Data
- Exif Data
- Custom Fields for notes and names
- The Lossless Editor values
Tips&Tricks for working with Albums:
- Only use Albums to organize and manage your images. This is much more efficient than using (real) Folders.
- After import all JPEG Images with an EXIF Date are put into the automatically created Album for the specific date. Use the Album view to organize your Images and Videos to your liking.
- Create Album Folders
- Create Albums for the Folders
- Add Thumbnails to your Album via Drag and Drop
- Add Thumbnails to an Album using the Thumbnail Context Menu 'Add to Album'
- OR Add Thumbnails using the Media View Toolbar Menu 'Add Thumbs to Album'
- Add Thumbnails pressing 'a' for Add on the keyboard, which will confirm your choice only once and then add to the selected album without asking again. The 'a' optoin will always use the last used Album as a choice. To switch to a different Album you have to first use the Menu from the Toobar again.
- Important: Albums are added dynamically to the 'Add to Album Menus'. If no Albums where selected it might be empty.
- To add an Album to the Menu you have to
- Select an Album with the mouse
- Or open the Context Menu of the Album in the Album View and choose the Menu Item 'Add to Media View Add Thumbs to Album Menu'.
Tips&Tricks for efficient deleting of Images:
- To Delete an image select a thumbnail image and press 'DEL'. This will move the image to the Bin Album.
- Or press 'DEL' after you opened the image in the Image View.
- From the Bin you can check you choices and then choose 'Delete from Disc' to delete all images from the disc at once.
Publish to Flickr or Picasa:
With your user name and password you can easily upload images to your web album.